Brisbane Full Day Tour by Coach, River Cruise and Koala Sanctuary Visit
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: P12Z11
Pick-up: 9am (approx.) from selected Brisbane CBD hotels
Drop-off: 5pm (approx.) at your point of departure
Once CBD hotel pick-ups are completed, the morning section of your Brisbane Full Day Tour with River Cruise and Koala Sanctuary Visit will get underway. You'll head off to see many of the top sights around Brisbane, which is Australia's third largest urban centre. From the city's trendy cafe culture to the magnificent 19th century sandstone architecture that is dotted around the CBD, there are plenty of highlights to enjoy throughout the morning. You'll learn some of the city's history and enjoy a delicious Devonshire tea during a cruise on the Brisbane River.
Morning tour highlights
- See St Stephen's Cathedral and Cathedral Square
- Pass the City Botanic Gardens — located on the edge of the Brisbane River
- Travel under the Story Bridge — a heritage listed steel cantilever bridge that spans the Brisbane River
- View Parliament House — the meeting place of the Queensland Government
- Catch a glimpse the imposing Treasury Hotel & Casino
- See Anzac Square in the heart of the CBD — home to the Shrine of Remembrance
- See the city iconic heritage-listed City Hall — built in the 1920's
- Visit the Kangaroo Point cliffs for panoramic views of Brisbane
- Travel through Fortitude Valley — the city's entertainment precinct and a gritty mix of the old and the new
- See fabulous Chinatown
- Enjoy a scenic cruise on the Brisbane River, which includes a delicious Devonshire tea
- See spectacular waterfront homes and the Brisbane skyline from the water
- Cruise under Story Bridge
- Sail past the South Bank parklands — home to the soaring Wheel of Brisbane.
After a short break for lunch (own expense) you'll depart on the afternoon portion of your Brisbane Full Day Tour with River Cruise and Koala Sanctuary Visit. You'll see some of the key sights within the Brisbane CBD, before leaving the city behind to visit the acclaimed Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary — home to around 130 of Australia's most iconic native animal. There's the opportunity to cuddle a koala and have your photo taken*, pat a kangaroo, see wombats, emus and platypus, and enjoy an animal keeper presentation.
Once your visit to Lone Pine is complete, the tour will head for the scenic lookout on Mt Coot-tha. There you'll enjoy some of Australia's most incredible panoramic city views. It's even possible to see majestic Moreton Bay.
Afternoon tour highlights
- See emotive Anzac Square — location of the Anzac Memorial and Shrine of Remembrance
- Drive past the picturesque Roma Street parklands
- Visit Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary — home to more than a hundred koalas
- Perhaps have your photo taken while you hold a koala* (additional cost applies)
- Enjoy an encounter with an emu
- Hand feed kangaroos (additional cost applies)
- See Tasmanian devils and wombats
- Watch a fascinating koala presentation
- Enjoy the sheepdog and shearing show
- See a platypus in captivity
- Travel up Mt Coot-tha past the Brisbane Botanic Gardens and Brisbane Planetarium
- Visit the Mt Coot-tha lookout for spectacular views toward Brisbane city, Moreton Island and Stradbroke Island.
- Guided group tour
- Services of a knowledgeable local guide
- Informative commentary
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
- River cruise
- Devonshire Tea
- Entry to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
Please note: The itinerary provided may change due to weather conditions and operational requirements.
* Photo opportunities holding a koala are subject to availability and operational requirements and restrictions.