Hobart Morning City Tour by Tram Coach
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: P0C7RM
Pick-up: 9.30am (approx.) from Brooke St Pier / 9.40am (approx.) from Tasmanian Travel Centre
Drop-off: 12.45pm (approx.) at your point of departure
*** If you are booking this tour on Google Maps, we will contact you to confirm your hotel pick-up details. ***
Throughout this fascinating morning tour, your driver/guide will present live commentary on the history of Hobart and the highlights you'll see along the way. You'll drive along Sullivans Cove — Hobart's birthplace, pass by Parliament House, the Georgian style warehouses of Salamanca Place and through charming and historic Battery Point.
Next you'll travel to the suburb of South Hobart and stop at the Cascade Gardens for an optional walk to view the exterior of the historic Cascade Brewery building. You'll visit the remains of the Female Factory — a one time female prison that was featured in Bryce Courtenay's novel The Potato Factory.
Other highlights include the city's parks, historic churches and buildings — including Hobart Town Hall and the Penitentiary Chapel. You'll pass by Government House and cross the Tasman Bridge to stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay and Mt Wellington. You'll also enjoy some free time to explore the magnificent Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens.
- Sullivan’s Cove - Hobart’s birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place — Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park — a one time gun battery
- Battery Point — charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St. George’s Church
- Views of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St. David’s Park
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt. Wellington
- Cascade Gardens — option to walk and view the exterior of the Cascade Brewery
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison
- St. David’s Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- GPO and Hobart Town Hall
- Penitentiary Chapel
- Queen’s Domain and Government House
- Cross Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views over Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
- Enjoy some free time at the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens.
This Hobart Morning City Tour ends back in the CBD at around 12noon. If you plan to head out afterwards for lunch, ask your guide for a restaurant recommendation!
- Guided group tour
- Services of a knowledgeable local guide
- Informative commentary
- Comfortable transport.
* Please note: The itinerary provided may change due to weather conditions, and the Explorer Coach Tram may be replaced with another vehicle due to operational requirements.