Richmond and Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary Tour from Hobart
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PY121P
Pick-up: 1.10pm (approx.) from selected Hobart hotels
Drop-off: 5pm (approx.) at your point of departure
The historic village of Richmond is a time capsule that will transport you back to the colonial era. Taste some local produce (at own expense), shop for unique gifts, and see the famous convict-built bridge, quaint heritage cottages and Richmond gaol.
Then it's on to Bonorong to meet a wide variety of Australian native animals, including koalas, kangaroos, emus and of course — the iconic Tasmanian devil!
Head out of town along the Brooker Highway towards the town of Richmond. There you'll enjoy around two hours of free time to:
- Explore the heritage township — one of Australia’s oldest settlements (dating back to the 1820s)
- Stroll across Richmond Bridge — the oldest convict-built road bridge in Australia
- See the country's oldest operating Catholic church
- Pay a visit to Richmond Gaol (own expense), which dates back to 1826
- Taste some regional wines and local produce (own expense), shop in eclectic boutiques or sample the local cafe culture.
Bonorong Wildlife SanctuaryContinue on to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary in the Brighton Valley, where you'll have the chance to meet a variety of Australian animals.
- Explore this renowned wildlife park, which is also a successful breeding site for the unique and often misunderstood Tasmanian devil
- Take part in an 'up-close' encounter with the devils and other Australian native animals
- Stroll the grounds of the sanctuary and hand feed the animals that roam freely.
This Richmond and Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary Tour from Hobart ends back in the CBD at around 5pm. If you plan to head out afterwards for dinner, ask your guide for a restaurant recommendation!
- Guided group tour
- Services of a knowledgeable local guide
- Informative commentary
- CBD hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
- Entry to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
* Please note: The itinerary provided may change due to weather conditions and operational requirements.