Russell Falls Tour from Hobart
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: P0PM3P
Pick-up: 9.15am (approx.) from selected Hobart hotels
Drop-off: 4pm (approx.) at selected Hobart hotels
Once hotel pick-ups are completed, this Russell Falls Tour from Hobart heads north-west from Hobart through the beautiful Derwent Valley. Relax on board your comfortable coach as you pass through quaint towns and rolling green hills. The pastoral landscape gradually morphs into the dense temperate rainforest of the Mount Field National Park. Birdsong and the rich scent of eucalyptus fill the air as you leave the coach and do a short walk to stunning Russell Falls. Stroll beneath the ancient forest canopy, before returning to Waterfalls Cafe at the visitor centre for lunch (own expense). All too soon it's time to depart the national park and begin the journey home to Hobart.
- Follow the River Derwent into the beautiful Derwent Valley, and drive through famous New Norfolk — the valley's largest town
- Pass through the hop fields of Bushy Park
- Visit the Salmon Ponds — the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere (in operation since 1864)
- Enjoy an included morning tea and perhaps feed the trout and salmon
- Immerse yourself in Mount Field National Park on an easy walk through the rainforest to view the plunging crystal clear waters of Russell Falls
- Soak up the serenity and atmosphere created by tall tree ferns and forest streams
- Purchase a light lunch at Waterfalls Cafe (own expense) and enjoy it in the surroundings of the national park
- On the return trip to Hobart, there may be an opportunity to purchase fresh raspberries from a roadside stall (seasonal).
This Russell Falls Tour from Hobart ends back in the CBD at around 4pm. If you plan to head out afterwards for dinner, ask your guide for a restaurant recommendation!
- Guided group tour
- Services of a knowledgeable local guide
- Informative commentary
- Comfortable transport
- Entry to Salmon Ponds
- Morning tea
- National park entry fees.
* Please note: The itinerary provided may change due to weather conditions and operational requirements.